RULES OF CARRIAGE BY ROUTE BUSES AND TROLLEYBUSES
I. General provisions
- Rules of carriage by route buses and trolleybuses in Vilnius (hereinafter referred to as "rules") define the procedure of carriage in buses and trolleybuses. These rules have been drafted in accordance with the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuanian, Administrative Code of the Republic of Lithuania and other legislation of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Carriage of passengers by route buses and trolleybuses in Vilnius (hereinafter referred to as "buses" and "trolleybuses") is organised by Vilnius City Municipality (hereinafter referred to as "Municipality") or its authorised enterprise.
- Carrier shall ensure the safety of passengers who use buses and trolleybuses as well as cleanliness of buses and trolleybuses.
- Drivers shall be care taking, attentive and service-minded, announce stop names, sell tickets at stops, inform passengers on the procedure of payment for carriage, follow the schedule, inform passengers on the change of route, ticket check, or when passengers must provide marked tickets or monthly tickets or valid documents entitling to use transport privileges, as well as check passengers' tickets or documents entitling to free-of-charge ride or discount on commission from the carrier.
- At bus and trolleybus stops the carrier shall provide information on bus or trolleybus traffic.
- In buses and trolleybuses the carrier shall hang up these rules and legislation of the Republic of Lithuania that regulate transport privileges. Bus and trolleybus number, carrier's number and the telephone numbers of services controlling carriers and passengers must also be shown.
- Carrier shall bear responsibility for non-compliance with these rules pursuant to the procedure provided for in the law of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Passengers shall enter the bus or trolleybus after it has stopped at a stop.
- After entering the bus or trolleybus the passenger shall immediately mark a single ticket or possess one of the following documents:
- monthly ticket;
- nominal monthly ticket with valid pensioner's, student's or pupil's ID;
- valid document entitling to free-of-charge ride.
- The passenger who is marking a single ticket with a discount shall have the necessary document.
- Privileges are applied to passengers in accordance with the procedure and in cases provided for in the law of the Republic of Lithuania "On passenger transport privileges and procedure of reimbursement of officials', public servants' and other persons' expenses on passenger transport".
- Marked single ticket entitles to ride one transport vehicle in one route direction until the final stop of the route. Monthly ticket entitles to ride buses and trolleybuses under the conditions provided for on the ticket.
- The passenger who has not got a document entitling to use a ticket with a privilege, shall purchase a ticket for full price.
- Passengers shall enter and exit the bus or trolleybus according to symbols at the entrance put up by the carrier.
- Disabled persons, passengers with small children, pregnant women and elderly citizens shall have priority in entering the bus or trolleybus. Seats with the sign "for passengers with children and the disabled" or respective symbol above them must be left for said persons.
- While the bus or trolleybus is in motion passengers are not allowed to open the door to the driver's section and talk to the driver or disturb him/her in any other way. Nor is it allowed to ride wearing dirty clothes, soil and spoil seats, place luggage on the seats and let children stand on them.
- For spoiled exterior and interior of the bus or trolleybus, broken inventory and windows the guilty person shall be punished in accordance with the procedure provided for in the law and he/she shall be obliged to indemnify for material damage.
- In case of malfunction of the bus or trolleybus the marked single ticket shall entitle the passenger to take another bus or trolleybus and ride until the final stop of the route.
- Passengers must exit the vehicle at the final stop of the route.
- A passenger shall have the right to bring along one piece of hand luggage which is not larger than one passenger seat.
- Having marked a second single ticket the passenger shall have the right to bring along luggage which is not larger than two passenger seats.
- It is forbidden to bring along in buses or trolleybuses flammable, explosive, smelling, caustic and radioactive substances, compressed and liquid gas (with the exception of gas in portable containers), sharp, acute, cumbersome items that can disturb passengers, unwrapped or caseless arms, items that can soil seats or passengers' clothing as well as pets not in special cages.
- Passengers shall be responsible for safety of his/her luggage.
- Passengers shall ensure that pets carried by them will pose no danger to other passengers' health, life, property and peace.
- Passengers with dogs (who must be with muzzle and on lead not longer than 0,5 m) shall enter through back door and ride at the back of the bus or trolleybus.
- If the pet has excreted, the passenger carrying it shall immediately collect excrements and clean the soiled place.
- The right to control passengers' compliance is possessed by persons empowered by the Municipality and other persons to whom the right of controlling passengers is granted by the law (hereinafter referred to as controller).
- Controller shall wear a distinctive sign (card, pin) or uniform and show ID card at request of the passenger.
- At request from controller the passenger must produce one of the following tickets or documents:
- marked single ticket,
- marked single ticket with privilege or nominal monthly ticket together with pensioner's, student's or pupil's ID,
- valid monthly ticket,
- valid document entitling to free-of-charge ride.
- Having entered a bus or trolleybus, where a conductor or driver-conductor are working, the passenger shall mark a single ticket or produce one of the documents specified in item 4 of these rules.
- If during control check the passenger has got no market single ticket or shows a single ticket that was marked in another bus or trolleybus (with the exception of cases specified in item 18 of these rules) or if he/she marks the ticket during control check, he/she shall be qualified as passenger without a ticket.
- Passengers who ride the bus or trolleybus without a ticket, have not paid for the luggage or carry forbidden luggage, as well as those who wear filthy clothes in the vehicle, shall be subject to administrative liability pursuant to the procedure provided for in the law.
- For said violations controller can impose a fine on the passenger. After the passenger has paid the fine, he/she shall receive a receipt of standard form.
- In case the passenger has not paid the fine at once, an administrative offence protocol shall be written and the fine shall be enforced in accordance with the procedure provided for in the law.
- Controller shall have the right to bring the passenger to the police if he/she did not have a valid ticket and refused to pay the fine and to produce identity documents at the moment of writing administrative offence protocol.
- Controller shall have the right to confiscate false tickets or invalid documents that do not entitle to use preferential conditions, and the passenger shall be qualified as person without a ticket and shall be punished in accordance with the procedure provided for in these rules.
- Passengers who have failed to comply with these rules shall be responsible according to the procedure provided for in the Administrative Code of the Republic of Lithuania. Allocation of administrative punishment does not relieve the passenger from his/her obligation to pay for carriage and/or luggage carriage.
II. Carrier's obligations and responsibility
III. Passengers' rights and obligations
IV. Passenger compliance control
October 13, 1999
By resolution No. 432 of Vilnius City Council.